Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BOC Frank O'Hara

Frank O' Hara was born March 27, 1926. O'Hara's poetry is autobiographical. His first thing he wrote was "A Collection Of Poems" by Frank O'Hara. Frank O'Hara wasn't like any poet in that time he tended to write poems more for a record of his life. While living his life he wrote a mock manifesto about himself. Most of the time O'Hara poetry did not make any scence to anyone but himself. He wrote a itresting poem called Mayakovsky. In this verse I think he's worried about acceptance of a person, he does no mention. Or he even feels like someone else; he does not recognize himself. No one knows really what the true meaning behind this verse.

"It may be the coldest day of
the year, what does he think of
that? I mean, what do I? And if I do,
perhaps I am myself again."

No comments:

Post a Comment